Flexo printing ink is widely used in a wide range of materials, and the flexo printing ink used should match it, but in terms of the main composition of flexo printing ink, they are all made up of colorants, resins, Solvents and auxiliaries. Most of them are liquid inks with volatile drying, but there are also a few drying inks in the form of oxidizing conjunctiva and permeating drying.
Everyone should know flexographic printing ink have what characteristics? When printing plastic film, which flexo ink do you usually choose?
Due to the wide application of flexo printing ink, printing materials are varied, the use of flexographic ink should be matched with it, but in terms of the main composition of flexographic ink, they are by colorants, resins. Solvent and auxiliaries and other components. Most of the volatile drying of liquid ink, but also a few to oxidize the conjunctiva. This is the characteristics of flexo printing ink. Flexographic printing ink has two distinct characteristics: low viscosity and rapid drying. It is because of low viscosity. Flexo printing machine can use a simple ink transmission roller ink transmission system, so that ink transmission is good. Due to the rapid drying of flexo printing ink, drying quickly, adjacent two colors can also achieve dry overprinting. It can not only avoid overprinting failure caused by poor drying, but also achieve high printing speed, and make flexo printing process suitable for non-absorbent material printing.
Next, let us look at flexo printing ink classification:
1, flexo UV ink (general, paper and plastic film can be printed) UV ink is using a certain wavelength of ultraviolet radiation. Through the photochemical reaction, the liquid UV ink can be changed into solid-state ink. The characteristics of the ink are: safe and reliable, solvent-free, non-flammable, non-polluting environment, suitable for food, drink, tobacco and wine. Pharmaceutical and other sanitary conditions require high packaging printing. Flexo UV ink in the field of foreign instruments packaging for many years, without any problems.
2. Water-based ink (mainly used for paper printing) the biggest feature of water-based ink is the use of water-soluble or water-dispersible resin as the binder to reduce the emission of organic volatiles. Compared with solvent-based ink, it can completely eliminate the harm of some toxic substances to human body and the pollution of packaging commodities. Water-based ink makes less investment in environmental protection, does not need to set up anti-fire device, solvent recovery. Non-pollution discharge device. Water-based ink in the use of viscosity stability, do not need viscosity control equipment. Printing machine cleaning is convenient and low cost, strong coloring power. The shortcomings of water-based ink is not suitable for film printing, slow drying speed. Poor gloss, poor water resistance, affecting paper scalability and printing press corrosion.
3, solvent (including alcohol-soluble) inks (mainly for plastic printing)
Solvent-based ink is a kind of printing ink which is widely used in various printing methods. It has the characteristics of bright color, fast drying speed and good gloss.
In recent years, in the packaging printing of plastic film, flexographic printing ink is promoting the application of alcohol-soluble ink, because alcohol solvent is the least toxic in organic solvents. And no corrosion and damage to the flexo. Good alcohol-soluble ink with good fluidity, fast drying speed, firm attachment, strong gloss. Bright colors and other hot spots. Alcohol solvents, of course, have a certain degree of environmental and safety hazards.
Flexographic Printing Ink
- Detection Necessity of BOPP Film for Food Plastic Packaging .. 18-01-24
- Methods of Color Treatment for Plastic Packaging Printing 18-01-23
- The latest European Union plastic restrictions. 18-01-20
- Smart plastic packaging 18-01-20